Cannabis is considered a “magical plant.” It has numerous health benefits reported from people who use it and scientifically proven by researchers who are still working hard to make the world genuinely believe the effects are real.
Unfortunately, the most significant number of countries worldwide, besides knowing all about it, still refuse to legalize it! It is sad as it prevents people who need a healthy remedy to get their hands on it and stay dependent on pharmaceutical drugs.
But if you are a user or only thinking about trying it out, you should get well informed about it and learn the main differences between CBD and THC.
CBD stands for cannabidiol, and it is the second most prevalent of the active ingredients of cannabis. CBD is an essential component of medical marijuana, and it is derived directly from the hemp plant, a cousin of the marijuana plant. According to a report from the World Health Organization, CBD does not cause a “high.” CBD has been proven to help people with different sorts of disorders, illnesses, and symptoms. But if you want to know more, then here’s a list of CBD facts which will only prove how amazing it is:
- You can’t get high from CBD and it can’t cause psychoactive effects. It has been proven to be an extraordinarily effective way of dealing with stress, pain, lack of appetite, and countless other issues some patients deal with.
- Knowing the differences between THC and CBD is vital. THC can cause paranoia and anxiety in some people, while CBD has been proven to show opposite effects and help people who have gotten too “high.”
- Suppose you suffer from nausea and vomiting or need something to suppress seizures or something that treats psychosis and inflammation, combat neurodegenerative disorders, prevent tumor growth and cancer cells, or help manage anxiety and depression. In that case, CBD is the thing to go for.
- CBD oil is the most frequent and widespread use of cannabis for health purposes. There are a few ways to consume it. It can be taken orally, vaporized, or used in edibles and cooking.
- Neurological disorders such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s Disease, as well as other autoimmune and inflammatory diseases, can also be treated with CBD.
- The FDA approved testing a version of CBD in children who have been diagnosed with a rare kind of epilepsy, and this medicine is called Epidiolex. It contains 99% CBD extract and has been proven to be highly beneficial for children who suffer from uncontrollable seizures.
- CBD has also been proven to be miraculously efficient with people who suffer from Dravet Syndrome caused seizures. The syndrome was named after Charlotte Figi, a girl who took her first dose of one particular strain developed by the Stanley Brothers in Colorado when she was five years old. When the strain proved to be helpful for her, it was named Charlotte’s Web.
- CBD has become more popular over the past few years. The fantastic findings of its medical powers have made more cannabis growers today to switch to breeding plants with high CBD content and little to no THC.
- Did you know that the hemp plant is legal? It means that CBD, which was obtained through processed hemp, can also be legally sold and bought.